Tourist Attractions near the National Library Board Singapore and the National Archives of Singapore
Asian Civilisations Museum
1 Empress Place, Singapore 179555
Tel: +65 6332 7798
The Asian Civilisations Museum is a 5-minture walk from Raffles Place MRT station. Drivers can reach ACM via road behind Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall, Off Fullerton Road near Anderson Bridge. Public parking is available at the basement car park of the New Parliament House, at Six Battery Road and at One Fullerton across the Fullerton Hotel.
Saturdays to Thursdays : 1000h – 1900h
Fridays : 1000h – 2100h
|Senior Citizen (Aged 60 and above)||S$4.00|
Chinatown Heritage Centre
48 Pagoda Street, Singapore 059207
Tel: +65 6224 3928
The Chinatown Heritage Centre is located near the Chinatown MRT station (NE4 / DT19). Take the Exist A to Pagoda Street.
Daily : 0900h – 2000h
Closed every first Monday of the month.
|Multimedia Guided Tour (Adult) – Explore the galleries at your leisure and experience the sights, sounds and stories of Chinatown through commentaries, images and videos.
[Admission Ticket + Multimedia Device]
|Character Guided Tour (Adult) – Join iconic Chinatown characters and learn about this colourful district through their personal stories.
[Admission Ticket + Character Guided Tour + Multimedia Device]
Malay Heritage Centre
85 Sultan Gate, Singapore 198501
Tel: +65 6391 0450
- Alight at Bugis (EW12) station. The Malay Heritage Centre is about 10-minute walk from the train station.
- From North Bridge Road: Bus service no. 7, 32, 51, 63, 80, 145 & 197.
- From Victoria Street: Bus service no. 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 63, 80, 130, 133, 145, & 197.
- From Beach Road: Bus service no. 10, 14, 16, 70, 100, 107, 196 & 401.
If you are driving, you can park your vehicles at the public carparks along Aliwal Street, Kandahar Street and Pahang Street or at the multi-storey carparks at Textile Centre and Sultan Plaza. Parking charges are applicable.
Tuesdays to Sundays : 1000h – 1800h
Last admission : 1730h
Closed every first Monday.
|Senior Citizen (Aged 60 and above)||S$2.00|
National Gallery Singapore
1 St Andrew’s Road, Singapore 178957
Tel: +65 6271 7000
The Gallery has two main entrances: the Coleman Street entrance and the Padang Atrium entrance, facing the Padang.
Coleman Street entrance:
- 130 stops at the Gallery’s Coleman Street entrance.
- 63, 51, 80, 32, 851 stop opposite Peninsula Place. The Coleman Street entrance is a 5-minute walk away.
Padang Atrium entrance:
- 195 and 961 stop at Parliament Place. Walk round the corner to the front of the building to get to the Padang Atrium entrance.
- 61, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197 stop opposite The Treasury Building on North Bridge Road. The Padang Atrium entrance is approximately a 7-minute walk away.
- 75, 100, 107, 130, 131, 167 stop in front of Victoria Concert Hall. The Gallery is approximately a 5-minute walk away.
Sundays to Thursdays, Public Holidays : 1000h – 1900h
Fridays to Saturdays, Even of Public Holidays : 1000h – 2200h
|Senior Citizens (Aged 60 and above)||S$15.00|
National Museum of Singapore
93 Stamford Road, Singapore 178897
Tel: +65 6332 3659
YMCA Bus Stop 08041:
- SBS: 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 64, 65, 111, 124, 128, 139, 162, 162M, 174, 174e, 175
- SMRT: 77, 106, 167, 171, 190, 700, 700A, 972, NR6, NR7
SMU Bus Stop 04121:
- SBS: 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 111, 124, 128, 131, 147, 162, 162M, 166, 174, 174e, 175
- SMRT: 77, 106, 167, 171, 190, 700, 700A, 857, NR7
- Bras Basah MRT Station (5-minute walk from Exit B or C)
- Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station (5-minute walk from Exit A)
- City Hall MRT Station (10-minute walk from Exit A or B)
Turn left from Stamford Road onto Fort Canning Road for National Museum’s car park entry/exit.
Limited parking facility is available at the National Museum. Other parking facilities are available at YMCA, Singapore Management University and Fort Canning Park.
Daily : 1000h – 1900h
Last admission at 1830h
Each ticket includes admission to the Singapore History Gallery and all the level 2 galleries.
|Senior Citizens (Aged 60 and above)||S$5.00|
DUCK & HIPPO – City Sightseeing
Tel: +65 6338 6877
You will never tour Singapore in anything that comes close to Singapore DUCK tours. The fun begins as soon as you board your “DUCK”, an authentic, newly converted Vietnam War amphibious craft, at Suntec City. You will see the Historic Civic District of Singapore. Watch out for the “Splashdown” when the wacky Captain & Duck trainer reminds you as the DUCK plunges into the water, and you are off for the second part of the tour – the scenic harbour tour.
Explore Singapore with HIPPO Tours, in this uniquely open-top double-decker bus which guarantees a bird’s eye view of the city’s top attractions. Only HIPPO can offer you the advantage of a 360-degree, uninterrupted panoramic view of the city, showcasing the best of Singapore with 22 strategic stops. The Hop-On – Hop-Off System allows you to tour the city at your own leisurely pace and time.
More information on their tour packages can be found on the website.
The above information is accurate as of July 2017. Kindly confirm with the relevant agencies for new updates, if any.